Had a good day of writing Of Rock And Earth today. I’ve been struggling with mild writer’s block for a few weeks, ever since I launched into ‘act 3’ of the story, finding myself suddenly in unfamiliar territory without a map. Although I had a plot overview for this section of the story, it was a little sparse compared to the earlier parts. I spent the last few days sprucing it up, adding in more detail and complexity and even introducing a completely new character (something I’ve tried to do at key points through the book), which made the writing today flow much more easily.
The next target is to set a proper word count for each day, much like the NaNoWriMo month where I was writing at least 1000 words a day. I’m not going to be able to keep it to that level, but I figure a good 500 each day is manageable. I’m going to give it a shot starting from tomorrow and see what happens.