I need a first post to get the ball rolling, so how better to start than with a brief (and probably foolish) declaration?
So here we have it –
Potential Gamer is about:
- The massive untapped potential of gaming, in both artistic and commercial terms, and the industry’s frustrating reluctance to pursue it.
- Gamers that are left out in the cold with nowhere to go.
- All those people who would really love games, if only they were given a reason to do so. You may have heard them referred to rather disdainfully as ‘the mainstream’.
- Games that try to do something different.
Potential Gamer is most definitely not about:
- Tediously gratuitous T&A.
- ‘Beating’ games in the shortest time possible.
- Consoles vs consoles vs PCs vs anything.
- Unwarranted hype.
I’m just getting started, so give me a little time. Thanks.